For many of us, this is our favorite season. The cooler temperatures, the falling leaves, the colors, the shorter days, and the approach of the holidays lights a flame in our souls.
Fall means days lounging around in our favorite sweaters, the prevalence of hot chocolate and pumpkin spice, and raking leaves (and perhaps jumping in them!). Comfort foods such as chili and soup dominate our menus. Thoughts of the holidays and seeing loved ones fuel our days.
Fall also means drier skin, chapped lips, and cold cheeks. Blustery winds are more frequent. Cold air sends us a shiver. Snow sends us into hibernation mode.
TIPS FOR SKIN CARE IN THE FALL AND WINTER
Tru Energy recognizes that Mother Nature is not always on our side when it comes to skin care. Changes in the climate for one affect our skin, but the specific elements are even rougher. Read below for tips on how to mitigate the effects of the weather on your skin, so you continue looking your best ever!
- As temperatures drop, so too does moisture in the air. Moisture is the pulse of your skin; without it, your skin withers. Typically, the dry air sucks moisture from your skin, leaving you more likely to have dryness and flaky skin. Skin conditions such as eczema can be exacerbated as well. Tru Energy recommends investing in a high-quality daily facial cleanser and moisturizer such as our Protective Therapeutic Daytime Treatment and Restorative Nourishing Overnight Treatment to help your skin stay healthy and happy. Both creams contain essential antioxidants and vitamins to restore the delicate chemistry of your skin and provide immediate and long-term hydration to help your body naturally regenerate. Your skin will rehydrate and recharge as collagen and elastin are repaired. We recommend using both our daily facial cleansers (Protective Therapeutic Daytime Treatment and Restorative Nourishing Overnight Treatment) in the fall and winter months to keep your skin moisturized and healthy.
- Monitor your indoor environment.
Central heating ranks as one of the best inventions ever. However, sitting indoors in an artificially heated environment is akin to us sitting in an oven, slowly simmering all day long. We’re depleting the air of moisture, something we’re already battling Mother Nature. Tru Energy recommends investing in a room humidifier. These simple machines put moisture back into the air (and onto our skin). Also, keep the thermostat lower and invest in some comfy, fluffy woolen sweaters instead. This will not only save you money, but your skin will thank you for it.
- Protect your skin when outdoors. We’ve all experience red cheeks from being outside in the fall and winter. Limit exposure to the elements by wearing a lovely scarf, hat, gloves, and even a ski mask if you’ll be out all day long. Prolonged exposure to the cold can cause injury–sometimes permanent–to your skin. Chilblains can cause redness, swelling, tingling, and pain.
- Frostnip is when your skin turns white and feels numb. Frostbite is permanent damage to the skin, often signified by black discolorations due to blood vessel injury. Tru Energy recommends having fun in the cold, but just be cognizant of how your skin is doing while making those snow angels, snow men, and skiing down the mountain.
- Limit hot baths, showers, and hot tubs. We all love to take a hot bath after a long day snowmobiling, but excessive time in hot water can strip the skin of its outer protective barrier, leaving you feeling dry and cracked. Tru Energy recommends turning the temperature down on those hot baths and making them warm. Afterwards, add back in that sapped moisture content with our natural skin products.
As amazing as your skin is, it still needs care. Our skin is often overlooked in care treatments as our hair, muscle definition, and size of our waist takes precedence in today’s society. Just like the rest of your body, the better care you take of your skin, the better it’ll look.
Tru Energy offers two complete natural skin product kits that will leave your skin radiant and glowing for years to come. Try our Tru Energy’s FaceLift 5-Piece Creams & Cleansers with our Enegy Optimizing Wand. This kit not only moisturizes your skin and protects it from the harshness of fall and winter with our daily facial cleansers, but this kit also addresses the deeper tissue issues that can show signs of aging.
Tru Energy’s FaceLift 5-Piece Creams & Cleansers is perfect to combat the cold and wind of fall and winter. Containing our natural skin products, this kit’s creams will tighten your skin, offer up an anti-aging facial serum, and build collagen.
Tru Energy’s passion is helping you feel alive and passionate every day. By taking care of your skin, you’ll radiate confidence, courage, and compassion as you go about your day. Visit us online today to learn more about our natural skin products!