From the moment we’re born, our perfect, baby-soft skin is assaulted by the environment — understandably, since we were swimming in a perfect cocoon for nine months. As we grow older, the cumulative effects of our environment begin to take a toll on our skin as fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin start to creep in. Added together with the natural aging of our bodies, our skin can look like a tornado hit it by the time we’re fifty.
Tru Energy, a company that is passionate about helping you look your best, has formulated a solution that is completely non invasive, all natural, and can help reverse the signs of aging due to our environment and nature. Contact us today.
WHAT IN OUR ENVIRONMENT DAMAGES THE SKIN?
- The Sun. The sun is the harshest environmental factor to our skin, responsible for up to 80 to 90 percent of visible damage. Blame those pesky UV rays that cause wrinkles, skin pigmentations, sun spots, reduced skin elasticity, degradation of skin texture, and many other signs of skin aging. The reason for this is because the UV rays penetrate to all layers of our skin. We notice skin damage in terms of a sunburns, red or blistered skin, or blue or black skin if frostbite is the culprit. However, other signs of skin damage are harder to detect until it’s too late such as melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer, development of keratoses, and the tendency of our skin to be more easily bruised or irritated.
- Free radicals. Free radicals in the simplest terms are free roaming, unstable atoms that can damage cells, primarily our skin cells since our skin is exposed to the air. Unstable atoms are atoms that are missing either a proton or an electron. With regard to our skin, unstable atoms bond to oxygen atoms that cause inflammation and oxidative stress, which causes skin damage. The older we are, the more susceptible we are to oxidative stress as the body is less able to fight off free radicals. Combined with the natural aging process, free radicals do the second most damage to our skin cells.
- Pollution. The effects of pollution on our skin are also significant, caused mainly by our friend, oxidative stress, which is, by definition, an over-production of destructive reactive oxygen species (ROS) and an inability of the body’s natural antioxidant network to neutralize them before they do damage to skin and other organs. Skin cancer, skin sensitivities, premature skin aging, discoloration, dryness, dullness, and roughness are all signs of damage from pollution. Pollution is so damaging because when pollution comes into contact with your skin, it doesn’t just sit on the surface. These tiny particles from specks of smoke, soot, acid, and other pollutants that are floating around the atmosphere from fires, construction sites, cars, and power plants infiltrate the deeper layers of the epidermis, causing not only inflammation and dehydration, but also a cellular-level reaction that leads to lost elasticity and firmness. Pollution breaks down collagen and the lipid layer in the skin, which impairs skin barrier functions and causes signs of aging.
- Wind. Wind exposure can cause the outer layer of skin to dry out and weaken. Depending on how forceful the wind is, dry and loose skin cells can fall off, leaving our skin exposed to other elements such as pollution and the sun. The wind robs your skin of precious moisture content your skin cells need in order to have a strong, elastic barrier. Windburn happens when you spend time outdoors on a cold, windy day. Experts liken it to sunburn but usually in the winter. You notice a burning and redness; your skin begins to show it as its natural oils are robbed, leading to possibly eczema and rosacea.
- Dry Air. Your skin needs moisture in order to function at its maximum capacity. Dry air can cause painful fissures or cracks in the skin, opening up entry points for harmful bacteria and viruses. In addition, dry skin is just uncomfortable, causing itching, burning, and stinging. Eczema, a medical condition in which skin becomes rough and inflamed and thus itches and sometimes bleeds, can be exacerbated by dry air. The exact cause of eczema is unknown (doctors suspect an immune system reaction to some external irritant); dry air and dry skin exacerbate the problem.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR SKIN FROM THE ELEMENTS
- Proper skin care. The number one way to protect your skin from the elements is to have an established skincare regimen with high-quality skincare products and anti-aging skin cream that span the spectrum: cleansers, moisturizers, serums, and scrubs.
- Sunscreen. Anytime you will be outdoors with exposed skin for longer than 10 minutes, you need to have sunscreen on. Sunscreen with inorganic chemicals works by reflecting, scattering, and blocking the sun’s rays before they penetrate the skin. Organic-based sunscreen can absorb UV rays instead of the skin.
- Clothing. When it’s cold outside, protect your skin by covering up as much of it as possible. Wear hats, gloves, scarves, and long sleeves (you’ll feel warmer too).
- Stay hydrated. Since skin is mostly water, hydration will keep your skin fresh, smooth, and functioning properly. In addition, hydrated skin will be more pliable and is less likely to become chapped, scaly, or flaky when exposed to the elements. A humidifier especially at night is a good way to keep your skin hydrated.
- Eat healthy. The saying, “you are what you eat,” applies to your skin as well. Look for foods rich in vitamins A, B, C, E and K, which include most fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, and meats as well as antioxidant foods.
- Stay rested. Your body heals while it’s sleeping. Getting plenty of rest will allow your skin to rejuvenate any damaged skin cells from environmental factors.
The threat from pollution to damage your skin is an everyday battle we face. Skin health and your overall health is best achieved by a high antioxidant diet, supplements for boosting the skin, properly cleansed skin, and using products that combat toxins and pollution and restore moisture to your skin.
Remember the foremost job of our skin is to form a protective barrier for our organs. When that barrier breaks down, harmful elements can damage not only our skin, but can also lead to more serious health conditions such as cancer. We owe it to ourselves to be cognizant of our skin and take proactive action in the care of our skin with anti-aging skin creams.
HOW TRU ENERGY CAN HELP
Tru Energy is passionate about skin care — so much so we’ve designed our own proprietary all natural skincare solution that is the equivalent of an at home facelift. Our Tru Energy FaceLift 5-Piece Creams & Cleansers (BONUS EO Wand) is a complete skin care system that is easy to implement and stick to. Using our all natural skin care creams, cleansers, and serums in conjunction with our own Energy-Optimizing Wand the signs of aging may be reversed.
We offer Gently Clarifying Facial Cleanser, Deeply Purifying Facial Scrub, Protective Therapeutic Daytime Treatment, Restorative Nourishing Overnight Treatment, and Intensely Anti-Aging Facial Serum. Diminished wrinkles, lines, and sagging are often results of consistent use of our anti-aging products. Skin is lifted, resulting in a more youthful look. Visit our website for a wealth of information on skin care and our all natural skin care products or contact us today to learn more!